Hennepin County


Students and youth

Keeping young people safe

Open all

Juvenile Diversion helps eligible young people who have been cited or arrested for an offense to avoid a charge and a juvenile court record.

Young people who have little or no juvenile history and are charged with a lower level offense are eligible. 

County Attorney staff facilitates anti-bullying, restorative justice and other intervention services.

Open all

Crime prevention tips

Protect yourself and your property

vulnerable adult exploitation

Vulnerable adults

Protecting vulnerable adults is a priority of the Hennepin County Attorney's Office. Learn how the office advocates on behalf of vulnerable adults and educates the community about these issues.

The Adult Services Division uses protection plans to protect vulnerable adults and how prosecutors fight financial exploitation and elder abuse in criminal court. Learn more about protecting vulnerable adults.

Safety tips explain the warning signs of financial exploitation and elder abuse.

Read more about Vulnerable adults

Auto theft prevention

Preventative measures to help you avoid becoming a victim

Car Minneapolis

Auto theft

There has been an increase of motor vehicle related thefts. Our office has created a list of tips to help you avoid becoming a victim.

Read more about Auto theft

Community engagement

Working with criminal justice partners and the people of Hennepin County, including communities of color and businesses

Open all

National Night Out is an annual crime prevention event. Staff from the Hennepin County Attorney's Office visit community events and neighborhood block parties across the county to talk with residents about their concerns, answer questions about the justice system, and share crime prevention tips.

National Night Out is always the first Tuesday in August.

The nuisance statute is a tool that can be used to address livability issues, problem properties and other behavior that creates an unsafe atmosphere and reduces the quality of life in a community.

Call 911 if you witness a crime, any suspicious activity or need emergency medical or safety help.

Your call allows officers to respond to the problem and helps keep your community safe. It’s also the first step in the criminal justice process. The County Attorney’s Office cannot charge a crime unless it’s first reported to local law enforcement.

For issues that do not require an immediate response, call the non-emergency number of your local law enforcement agency. In Minneapolis, you can call 311 or submit an online police report regarding nuisance problems. You can also contact your Crime Prevention Specialist (CPS) for assistance with a problem property.

Find your local police contact.

Open all

Stay informed

Subscribe to email updates

Top Scroll